Monday, March 26, 2007



300 opens up in Botswana on the 30th March 2007 but I can't wait that long so I"ll be going on the preview on Wednesday, even if I have things to do like work I'll cancel. I simply can't wait to go and see this movie. It is beautiful, and I swear I wouldn't be concentrating on the storyline or the characterisation, which according to same critics is 'lacking', I would be enthralled by the cinematography. It really does look like a comic book coming to life which as a child was my dream.


I know that Sin City did the same thing, but this one somehow seems better and much more interesting in it's use of colour and comic feel, if you get what I mean.

300 is a film adaption of the graphic novel 300 by Frank Miller the brains behind Sin City. It is a semi-historical account of the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.

A movie about two civilizations killing each other in battle will have its share of controversy and this one isn't so different. The Iranians are complaining bout it's depiction of the ancient Persian Civilization and they have a right to say something, I mean it is about their culture but I also think people should accept that in those days, everyone was brutal and brutality was a means to survival. They really should say 'thank goodness we weren't wiped off the face of the earth like some civilizations that don't exist now.'



No comments: