Monday, May 07, 2007


Man I don't think any one (well maybe the prosecutors) saw this coming. Paris Hilton, the heiress who got famous for doing nothing and the infamous 'One night in Paris' video, got sentenced 45 days in jail after being found guilty of violating her probation for a drink-driving conviction and she has no prospect of an early release meaning she has to serve all of the 45 days.
I'm sure she thought she will get away with it because it has been the fashion for celebs to get off with community service type sentences in the US. Her mother, Kathy was seen laughing when the demand for a custodial sentence was made during the prosecution's closing argument.
Kathy must have thought 'my daughter go to jail!HA what a joke.' I guess the prosecutors got the last laugh.
When the sentence was read out, Kathy then yelled 'you're pathetic' to the prosecutors.' Man why do rich people always think they are above every one else?
Paris must start her sentence on 5 June 2007 or she will get a 90 days sentence if she doesn't show up. I wonder why it couldn't be immediate? Anyways, can't wait til the 5, I'm sure you'll be watching too.

No comments: