Tuesday, April 10, 2007


Timberland's new album is out and it's entitled 'Shock Value'. The reviews I've read from music critics are not very good as they all trash the album but some of the listeners have enjoyed the album and I guess they are the ones to listen to because really they are the ones that buy the album right?
I love Timberland as I'm sure you have already figured out from reading some of my blogs, I think he is a gifted producer when it comes to beats and being able to mix his signature with that of the artist he is producing so I've always wondered why his first album never did well. I mean some of the songs I heard from the album where hot, but I guess just because you could produce it doesn't mean you could be a rapper or a singer (case in point being Diddy).
I've had a chance to listen to some of the songs from the album 'Shock Value' and I already have some favourites being 'Apologize' ft One Republic and '2 man show' ft Elton John (his piano riff at the beginning of the song is masterful) and of coz the mega hit 'Give it to me' ft Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake. Some songs could have done with some extra work like 'Scream' ft Keri Hilson and Nicole but other wise really I don't see why it had to be trashed. I guess if you are at the top of your game like Timbo, people will always expect the best from you.
My opinion is that although this album is good and has some gems, Timbo really didn't give his all like he has done with other artists and this makes the album a little lacking in some songs. And this album is more a collaboration album then a full fledged Timbo album where we can hear what he has to say so it's disappointing in that regard but other then that it's an album that I would love to get my hands on.

No comments: