Friday, April 13, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised to read on BBC news that scientist have 'found' a clear obesity gene so now I have scientific reason to explain the extra pounds on me. 'Oh, it's not my fault that I can't lose weight, it's in my genes. I'm meant to be fat!'

The scientist have found that people with two copies of a 'fat' version of a gene had a 70% higher risk of obesity then people with none. I knew there was a reason why some people can have a large pizza to themselves and not gain a single pound then me who only has to look (and sometimes smell) at a pizza and will gain one pound. Now I have the Peninsula Medical School to thank for the reason.

The findings also suggest that people with these genes find it harder to lose weight but can gain weight a lot easier.

Aha, now this makes me feel a lot better, now where are those chocolate cookies?

No comments: