Tuesday, December 12, 2006


I never thought I was a romantic at heart. I always assumed that I was very critical when it came to things of the heart, but recently after spending most of my time watching clips of my all time favourite movie on youtube, I realised that I believed in romance and, dare I say it, a soulmate.
Kuch kuch hota hai is that movie. A bollywood movie that was a massive in 1998. My friends and I used to spend our Saturdays at the TV room at hostel watching this movie with my friend Shreya translating it for us. We must have watched it four or five times.
It's a movie about unrequited love that is finally returned in the end. I know most of you will sneer at this, but some of us who have been through the heartache of unrequited love, it's nice to dream that one day that love will be returned. My one-sided love happened in my finally year of undergraduate study. Instead of focusing on my studies, I spend nights pining, if that's the word, for a person who only thought of me as a friend. Gosh how sad, even thinking about it now pains the heart. But that's the great thing about movies. You could always lose yourself in fantasy when reality seems so harsh.

No comments: